The reason for installing SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is to protected the data received and sent to be read in clear text and instead received and sent encrypted.
The first you need is a Server Certificate. You can get a valid Certificate from Certification Authority (CA) like Thwate, Verisign and many more. But here I will use a self-signed certificate but the process is quite similar for the ones from a Certification Authority (CA).
Remember that the first and last name should be either your domain address or machine name.
And to view your self-signed certificate:
Now you need configure your HTTPS Connector.
There are several more configuration for the Connector which you can read more about here for JBoss 5.1:
And the latest documentation is found here:
The last thing we need is a test application I will leave that as a practice, but I will show one interesting part and that is the web.xml
Now open you web browser and test your application.
To do the same for Tomcat is quite similiar, read more about it in my next blog - http://magnus-k-karlsson.blogspot.se/2012/06/how-to-install-install-and-configure.html.
May 31, 2012
May 19, 2012
1. First update your system.
2. Enable Restricted drivers availableOpen Additional Drivers and select Recommended driver.
3. Remove overlay bar:
4. Add Medibuntu Repository
5. Install Common Codecs
6. To play encrypted DVDs
7. Install Non Open Source Programs
8. Install Video Player
9. Video EditorThere are several easy to use video editors out there: Here are two:
10. Torrents client - qBittorrentA Simple to use Bittorrent client is qBittorrent. You install it easily from Ubuntu Software Center.
11. Manage Unity - MyUnityIf you are not happy with the dock you can easily change it's appearance with MyUnity. You install from Ubuntu Software Center.
12. Oracle Java 6If think the best way to install Oracle Java SDK is to do it manually. An easy to use guide is here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java.
13. Set $JAVA_HOMEI have previously describe how to set the Java environment home variable here: http://magnus-k-karlsson.blogspot.se/2012/04/how-to-set-javahome-environment.html
15. New Launcher (Shortcut) in DockI have previously described it here:
16. LibreOfficeIf you need to install more language for spelling checking, first download the wanted
How to install:
Check installation under Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Writing Aids and Edit Module.